Thursday, January 7, 2010

Organization frustration!

ATTENTION: Extra-long BlogAlert!



MY GAME FACE!!!!!! Time to get to cleaning!

I have come to the conclusion that my house is an utter disaster.

WARNING: The images you are about to see are disturbing in nature and are not suitable for those with severe OCD.

This...is our bedroom.


When you first walk in.


My side of the bed...sigh.


First of all - the gun is NOT loaded. Secondly, that wooden monstrosity is my husband's homemade pull-up bar. Yep, hubbster is a carpenter. And that thing is in our room because I will not allow it to go elsewhere in the house.


Boardgames and old photographs. Believe it or not, they aren't usually there. Seriously they have been sitting there because I moved them from one place and just haven't had the time to find them a new home.


That's my closet.


I have NO idea.


The inside of my closet.

And here is our bathroom:

Welcome to Laundry Hell. Where dirty soulless socks go to die.


There is a countertop under there somewhere. This is a chronic occurrence. It'll be spic-n-span and the next day it'll look like the Toiletry Monster threw up all over it.

Since taking these photos I have cleaned up my side of the bedroom. My closet space is clear. You can see some floorspace again. Obviously I have a LONG way to go before R5 is completely achieved.

Today I continued the pursuit of R7. Here is Betsy visiting with my father. We went over today to bring him fried chicken and so Betsy could pick an orange off the orange tree he bought for her when he found out I was pregnant with her.


The tree - they brought it in out of the cold.


My dad peeling an orange for Betsy. They are seedless so they are perfect for her!


My camera was misbehaving.


Orange slices...


Betsy approves.

So now we come to the part where I admit that R1 was NOT achieved today. Chris is not feeling well and unlike me his libido is nonexistant when he is under the weather. So we have come up with a clause concerning skipped days: For every day that is missed we have to keep a tally and make up for it at the end of the month to even the score. This way even if we don't get 365 days, we will have done it at least 365 times.

Anyway. It's been a long day, and an even longer blog post, so for now I will say goodnight. If you've made it this far - treat yourself to a cookie. You've earned it.

5 comments:

  1. I KNEW IT! You HAD to have a clause =D

    That tree thing is absolutely adorable :x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea - Blame Chris! I can totally have sex every day...he, however, cannot apparently.

    Thanks about the tree - the idea is for every grandchild they are going to get a tree. I wonder what type of tree Ben will get...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire you for being so truthful in your blog. Most people try to make everything seem "perfect" in their life. You are real! I had to laugh at your warning for OCD people! You always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laura :D I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hope little man is feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, you are great at this. I love your honesty and I love how you put "everything" out there. You are having fun (I think) and that's what it's about. <3

    ReplyDelete