Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Party Gras!

Tonight we celebrated Mardi Gras at our house. We made fun hats, wore beads, and ate jambalaya while listening to New Orleans jazz.

Here's my daughter and myself in our Mardi Gras attire:



And here is how you make jambalaya!

INGREDIENTS

Zatarain's Jambalaya w/Cheese Mix (2 boxes)
Campbell's Cream of Celery Soup (2 cans)
Aidell's Andouille Sausage (2 packages) - if this sausage is too spicy you can use whatever you like
5 cups water

DIRECTIONS

Brown the sausage.

Add water and Zatarain's mix and follow directions. Cook covered for 25 minutes.


Stir in the cream of celery and cook for an additional five minutes; remove from heat. Let sit for five minutes to cool and thicken. Enjoy!

This is a very simple recipe that we have used in my family now ever since I was a little girl. I think we have a new family tradition here!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you guys celebrated this. HOW FUN! I went to bed thinking about how cool it was last night. You're a good and fun Mommy :)

    ReplyDelete